10 Awesome Gift Ideas for Newborn Baby
Whether a new baby has arrived at your house or that of a friend, it’s time to celebrate. what follows is a list of practical gifts every newborn baby needs.
- Booties: This category includes a lot, from little knitted nothings to leather soles. Either of these have their uses, from just scampering around the house to protecting feet when they take their first tentative steps. Regardless, every new baby needs booties, and if they need booties, chances are good that they will eventually need more protective shoes.
- New-Mom Note Cards: New mothers have so much to be thankful for. Why not help them get the job done easier with lots of note cards to help them say whatever needs to be said? Makers have come up with all sorts of products to help with this need. Prepacked boxes full of gift cards cover the whole gamut of occasions from the birth to thank you notes for gifts, and even other occasions that come along that are not baby related but happen none the less.
- Bouncer: There comes a time when practically every parent gets tired of simply bouncing a child, regardless of their age. The good news in this is that many makers have come up with all sorts of bouncer-type toys that will keep baby busy for hours. Some of these attach to a door frame. Others stand in a frame of their own. Regardless, all you need to do is to hang the toy from its intended support structure, place baby inside, and not only do they have a toy to play with, but they use the muscles in their legs to bounce.
- Sleep Safe, Sleep Tight: The safest bed is one that has nothing in it. Everybody knows that. Unfortunately, a bed with nothing in it makes for a boring and cold night. You can prevent that with a nice sleeper bundle that allows you to wrap baby inside of it and it keeps him warm as well as prevent mishaps while he’s asleep.
- Tummy Time: Toys that are appropriate to a child’s age and development are always a challenge to buy, but with the advent of tummy time toys, every child can enjoy toys that can’t hurt them, but still present a challenge to enjoy. Toys of this type usually include a rug or pad of some type, along with an overhead support that holds toys that hang from it. Some of these toys even have blinking lights, mirrors, bells and other noise makers, to entertain.
- Gift for Nursing Mothers: Nursing mothers need a lot of support, but nothing as much as when she is actually nursing. That’s the time when there are a lot of practical gifts to help with this job. This includes things such as large, firm pillows that a mother can use to support her baby while she nurses, and much more.
- Classic Baby Shower Gifts: There are a lot of gifts that could be generally categorized as classic baby shower gifts—rattles, music boxes, diapers, and much more—Nearly all of these can be included in a gift, and even progressed as a child gets older. For example, you could give diapers for different ages of babies as the child gets older. Don’t forget also that with so many of these types of gifts you can have it engraved with the child’s name or initials, along with a personal message. It’s all up to you.
- Safe Riding Gift: It’s something that practically every new parent forgets: the car seat. Despite this, nearly all states now require that a child be restrained in an approved car safety seat. And even if you do have a car seat, new parents often forget that they also need a newborn adapter that goes inside of a car seat before they get bigger.
- Perfectly Sized Gift Idea: Most people who buy baby gifts like to play it safe with things like car seats, sheets and blankets, and much more and not worry about sizes. Unfortunately, this leaves a dearth of things unaccounted for that baby can’t do without, such a little rompers, and much more.
- Modern Diaper Bag: If after walking through the baby section of any store you don’t believe that there are huge selections to choose from, you obviously have not gotten to the diaper bag section yet. Diaper bags today come in an astonishing variety to meet everyone’s needs and budgets. There are diaper bags that simply carry everything you need for a day with baby as well as those that fold and open up into a variety of shapes to give you changing surfaces, play areas, and much more. There are even those that will let you plug into a port to keep milk warm.